Pursuit of the University of California mission of teaching, research and public service requires a shared commitment to the core values of the university as well as a commitment to the ethical conduct of all university activities. Please use the following resources for discussing or reporting any concerns you have about unethical conduct.
Where can you go for advice when an ethical issue presents itself?
In most cases your supervisor is the best person to speak to for advice about the most appropriate course of action in any situation. If you feel uncomfortable consulting your direct supervisor, speak with the next level higher than your supervisor.
Other resources include:
What other resources are available for discussing ethical concerns?
- UC Merced Police Services: You may report crimes, not in progress, formally, or informally, anonymously and confidentially to Police Services.
- Office of Ethics, Compliance, Audit and Risk
- Office of Legal Affairs
- Conflict of Interest, 228-2406
- Human Resources, 228-8247
- Labor and Employee Relations, 228-4204
- Disability Services, 228-6996
- Office of Research Compliance and Integrity, 228-4613
- Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) 228-5433